Re: Topband: Re: short dipoles

To: w7tmt@dayshaw.net, royanjoy@ncn.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Re: short dipoles
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:57:51 EDT
I dont think he was discouraging it - just pointing out the realities. Any
antenna IS better than no antenna but it's important not to let anecdote pass
without at least presenting the facts besides those.  ON4UN pointed that out
somewhere regarding his book as few of us can build systems to the level he
describes but the point he makes is it would not serve the subject to fail to
show
the best and most correct approach before consideing the practical
comprimises.  And this thread included some technical detail about "shortening"
the
length - aside from the height - but the two issues are entirely unrelated to
DX
performance in that context of very low antenna in the first place..  73 Pete,
W2PM

In a message dated 10/17/2004 10:26:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,