Topband: A Night to Remember

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: A Night to Remember
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:35:47 -0600
As they say "timing is everything".  Last night on 160M was a night that
exceeded anything ever experienced on this band in Saskatchewan.  All the
DX stations heard were worked with the exception of an EA9.  The list
includes: RW3XX, RA3DOX, RA6AX, LY3UM, OZ8ABE, SP2FAX, ON4ATW, DJ0MDR,
VP5/CT1ILP, LA0CX, DK3FW, PA0CLN, RU2FO, OZ7YY, PJ2MI, G4BYG, DF2PY,
EI5HE, DK2FG, GU4YOX, and G3XRJ.  EA9IE had a 59 SSB sig but was totally
deaf to NA stations.  FP/VE7SV had been worked earlier.  A lot of the EU
stations had true 599 signals and some of the NA stations had my S meter
at the top end.  Most NA stations were well behaved except for an
ill-mannered N7.  You could tell that with the long deep QSB fades that
some NA stations were guessing (and still giving a 559 report) their QSO
with the DX.  Antennas used here last night were a half sloper on transmit
and a 80M 4-square on receive.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0