Topband: Re: K9AY beverage transformers - did I fry them? -- results

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: K9AY beverage transformers - did I fry them? -- results
From: Dave NØRQ (lists) <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:24:48 -0500
Thanks to half a dozen of you that replied.

I put a good DX Engineering 470 Ohm bev resister across the two terminals,
and tested with an MFJ-259B. To my surprise, all 4 transformers tested fine!
(R was 43 to 48 across the lower bands, X was 2 to 5, SWR very low.)
I was sure I had fried at least one of them.

Last winter, the feedpoint of 3 of my 4 Beverages was at the same ground rod,
with all 3 K9AY transformers mounted next to each other. Reading
http://www.w8ji.com/beverages.htm , I found out that that arrangement is
a no-no :-( -- but that might explain why they didn't perform as expected.
So, I'm off to reroute some wires... ;-)

Thanks! & 73,
Dave NØRQ

----- Original Message ----- From: "K9AY"