Topband: Boring Report - 27-Oct

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - 27-Oct
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:40:19 -0500
Right after sunset - UA6LV was peaking up every couple of minutes, but
resisted any attempt to hear my signal.  RA6AX was heard once or twice,
but not as well.  LY3UM was worked easily.

After an hour or so, the band seemed to fade to Europe and no more signals
were heard.  Perhaps the extra solar radiation arriving after the lunar
eclipse made the difference.  :-)

Nice signals from the VP5s and PJ2.  Also heard VP2E, TI5 and P40W, but
not as strong.

For you Europeans, I have heard W0ZTL in North Dakota on the band the
past couple of nights.

Still hoping to snag a UB5 or LZ during these openings to deep Europe.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net