Topband: Radials question.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials question.
From: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:54:40 -0000
Hi!

A radials questions.

I am putting up a shortened vertical due to lack of space.
The lack of space limits also the lengths of radials - unfortunatly.
but I want to at least be able to work a few stations on top-band.

Now, I may in direction 1 have 10m long radials, in direction 2, 8m long
radials, in direction 3, 4m long radials and in direction 4 only 3m long
radials.

I am sure somone thinks I should give it up...........

Anyway, I can also in some direction put out full quarterway radials if I
bend them a bit, but mostly they will go in one direction.

Question 1.
Is it better for me to lay down say like 80 3m long radials in a even circle
or should I put down the radials as long as I can in all directions?

Qustion 2.
Can I bend radials fully back (with little spacing) and by doing that
fooling the antenna?

73 Magnus SM6WET

---