Re: Topband: Chesterfield

To: Dieter Voss <DVoss@t-online.de>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Chesterfield
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:15:45 -0800 (PST)
Dieter Voss <DVoss@t-online.de> wrote:

"Had the feeling that propagation travels with the sunrise from east to west
with no really advantage for the more western stations."

Yes, this is the way it normally works, although you might have a hard time
convincing North American stations east of the Rocky Mountains that this is the
case.

Like Bill, I feel pretty lucky to have worked you when I did. I was sitting
around listening to a dead band about an hour before my sunrise on the 16th
when I heard you call CQ. You came right back after my first call and was in
the log at 1318Z. The pileup was huge before I even got you spotted on the
cluster and grew larger fast. It was even worse on the 17th, with the entire
band chewed up with callers. I heard callsigns that I never heard on topband
before and probably won't hear again!

I don't remember hearing you at all after the 17th and there are no topband
QSO's at all in my log for a week after that, proving conditions were not very
good.

Thanks for a great operation on ALL bands!

73,

Larry - W7IUV