Re: Topband: Inverted L Matching Question

To: <k8qm@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Matching Question
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 23:20:25 -0500
George, etc.

If the coax run to the shack is not too long, I would ignor the SWR and bring in the coax feed and use an L-net tuner at the radio. The Collins 180T, The TenTec 229 and 238 tuners all should do the job, especially since extra shunt capacity can be added across the internal shunt capacity.

Alternately, if the stub is not working, I would look for many low value door knobs to put in parallel or some mica bath tub style capacitors. Some of the manufacturers now use medium to high voltage disc ceramics of fairly low individual values in series to do phasing. You might ask WX0B what he is using and where he gets his disc ceramics for phasing networks for 4-squares, etc.

For a series capacitor to tune out inductive reactance, I would use a vacuum variable.

good luck, 73 George K8GG

----- Original Message ----- From: "George McCrary" <k8qm@nc.rr.com>