Re: Topband: Close to earth Beverage.

To: shristov@ptt.yu
Subject: Re: Topband: Close to earth Beverage.
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:00:14 +0000

Sounds logical to me, but that would invalidate any
advantage of using sloping vs. vertical terminations.

I think Tom W8JI noted earlier that there is actually no advantage
at all, and I was just curious to learn from your experience.

The advantage to the sloping terminations is mechanical. The sloping wire can double as a guy wire to hold the end poles vertical, or it can eliminate two support poles, one at each end. .

There is a lot of bogus data in that book.