Topband: ARRL-160 viewed frm EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL-160 viewed frm EU
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 05 Dec 2004 08:08 GMT
>From the observation of two morning openings i can report the following. First
>: propagation was not good.
Second : the usual easy areas like New England states and the eastern part of
the midwest were underrepresented with gud sigs in EU.
Third : Unusual many stns from Texas and Arizona loud and audible for a long
time in EU.
I guess we had an umbrella of auroral absorption on the northeastern seaboard,
at least on the first contest night.
Auroral activity level was 5 all the time.
The US stations were hearing very well (almost at least)
and deep QSB was tricky to exchanges.
The vast majority of stations active in the test could not be heard in EU, this
by observing the beacon US- contesters and watching whom they worked.
I managed only to work 60+ stations and 37 Mults in this test, but the hunting
experience was another great one !
73 de wolf  -df2py-
BTW : i`d like to hear from other EUs what their observations were.