Topband: HS72B Friday

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HS72B Friday
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:16:56 +0000 (GMT)
Well... what a long string of noise!  last couple of nights apparently our
signal was either weak or not there for most folks, and as you are all
painfully aware, we have to be thumping in before theres a chance of us
hearing.   Ive seen several reports east and west coast of low to non existant
signals..

Ive had to leave the radio a couple times, and I may again tonite for short
periods, I post a spot, and leave the CQ nachine running.  dont think anyone
notices the difference anyway, I dont answer when I am there.... cuz I cant
hear...

thurs night KH6ZM only evening qso, 20 EU/JA between 20  and 22, then nothing
except one SM0 at 2330

Friday night, started out hearing Greg, but not well enough to complete, then
W7TJ at 1526.. tough dragging him out, but we made it, QRZ says Spokane.. the
searchlight was a bit east last night?, then completed with Greg, ZL3IX, but
with no signal to spare.

then a slow run of JA only from 2040 to 2150, then like shutting off a light
(or in this case turning on the sun), it all quit.  apparently we were not
being heard much at all in EU.. and both nights things just stopped by 22Z, 1.5
before sunrise.  no such thing as a sunrise peak, unless you count a SM and an
OH at sunrise each AM as a peak.

the too bad part is the noise wasnt too bad except for one half hour period
tonite.

Ill see about sending off the last bit of log before I go, Ill e mail it to Tom
and Dietmar in any case as well as turning over here for QSL stuff.  The RAST
folks will have plenty to do for QSLs.. not as many as we had hoped, something
like 15.5K, but then with the op shortage and hardware issues, its not too
bad..  for the non contest period, 644 Q 160, and 1768 on 80, plus the contest
numbers

heres hoping for some good to come of the 11-16 run tonite, cuz thats IT.

I will not respond to anything after 16Z, I have to pack like mad and leave for
the airport by 21Z with 6 cases of stuff.

its been fun, and instructive as well, about propigation modes, and where NOT
to go to hear well in Asia

73

robin, wa6cdr