Re: Topband: 4-square phasing

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 4-square phasing
From: Ron Feutz <feutz@wctc.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:23:57 -0600
Guys,

I started this thread so better update you all as I am still getting replies. I'm trying to get the thing finished for Stew Perry this weekend so went with the path of least resistance - 3/4 wave lines of cheap RG8X. (with inverted L's, 50 ohm works better than 75 ohm). I'll just have to live with the loss until next summer when I can properly tunnel under the driveway to install 1/4 wave lines. BTW, the published Vf for the line is .8. Turned out to be .73.

Thanks for all the help.

73,

Ron - WA9IRV