Topband: sunset signal enhancement

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: sunset signal enhancement
From: "larry pace" <pacer99@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:37:39 -0000
tonight i worked 9L1BTB at 0039z. his signal came
from nothing to a true 579 at 0035z and then faded
once again to nothing at 0045z.

my sunset was at 0021z and by my calculations this
peak was 14 minutes after actual sunset at my
QTH.

i often see this occurrence (in reverse?) during the
sunrise peak. in my experience the 14 minute peak
has recurred many times but this is only the second
time in the past 2 years that i have heard this at sunset.

is it because of the lack of activity? is this occurrence
common or not?

has anyone else experienced the same phenomena?
your comments would be interesting.

73,
larry
n7dd