Topband: Impedance Matching Transformers for Receiving Antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Impedance Matching Transformers for Receiving Antennas
From: "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:33:20 -0000
Earlier this month I sent a message out about an excellent 26 page article
containing supporting technical information that I'd found.
I've received a small number of replies, off list, saying how good the
article is,
but I haven't seen a single comment/discussion on the list.

This surprises me as the findings of the article discount the use of Type 43
material in favour of Type 75 over the range of 0.1 - 7MHz.

In view of the lack of comments so far I thought that I'd flag this article
again as it would make good holiday reading! :-)

The article is "Impedance Matching Transformers for Receiving Antennas
at Medium and Lower Shortwave Frequencies" and was written in June
2003 by Bill Bowers, John Bryant and Nick Hall-Patch, VE7DXR

 You can find it at the following URL.

 http://radiodx.com/spdxr/media/imt_doc1.doc

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Tracey G5VU