Topband: ? re Electric fence wire - fence QRN suppression

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ? re Electric fence wire - fence QRN suppression
From: "R. Kline" <k7nj@zahav.net.il>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:07:47 -0700
I'm not sure what you mean by "chock block". In the past I had the challenge
of making in-the-field connections in Beverage wires that contained steel
strands.  I used either "wire nuts", or the connectors that are common in
Europe (2 screws into metal sleeve surrounded by plastic insulation, but I
removed the plastic insulation - sold in the USA by Radio Shack).  After
twisting the wires tightly together, they were smeared with conductive
grease (Noalox, Penetrox, or similar).  Next, the wires were put into the
fastening device which was tightened, and finally weatherproofed using
self-annealing rubber tape. I've never had problems with such connections
several of which gave years of good service in the harsh climate (uv,
temperature, moisture & dryness) at 4X4NJ.
73,
riki, K7NJ - 4X4NJ