Re: Topband: Band CX and 5T5SN

To: <rf@xemaps.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Band CX and 5T5SN
From: "George Taft" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:48:43 -0500
K2HK said:

> Conditions were obviously quite good last night. Many DX stations were
heard
> at comfortable signal levels but 5T5SN was an honest S8 here which was
well
> above other DX that was heard on both my TX antenna (shunted tower) and/or
> my 500 ft Beverage. I also did better in a large pileup than I am used to
on
> this band. Wonder if others were copying him exceptionally well or was
there
> some form of  favored propagatiopn between us?

I think, for the greater part of last evening, angles were high at times,
and shorter distances prevailed.

Altho I was able to work the 5T5, the magic of my gain vertical array didn't
seem to be evident.

Later, deeper EU stns were in and out and distances finally lengthened to
CO, MT, UT and further west.  Mni in the west seemed to be hearing Andy,
UU4JMG and the EU Russians but not always able to work them.

Just one of the many faces of top band, I think

73  George  W8UVZ