Topband: Last night

To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Last night
From: "Rudy Severns" <rudys@ordata.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:43:01 -0800
Last night was great in the PacNW.  I worked nine Europeans and
George, W2VJN worked about the same number but when we compared notes
there was some overlap but some differences.  It appears that at least
15 or more European stations plus 5T made it into Oregon last night.

One interesting propagation effect.  My QTH is about 40-50 miles from
VJN, around 1400Z VJN was hearing and working EU but at my QTH
absolutely not a peep no matter which of multiple antennas I listened
on but then later in the evening I could hear and work EU with little
trouble.  This morning the band was total dead at least around our
sunrise.

73, Rudy N6LF