Topband: EXTRA! N2XE Beacon Tonite EXTRA!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: EXTRA! N2XE Beacon Tonite EXTRA!
From: John C Ceccherelli <cecchere@us.ibm.com>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:55:46 -0500
        OOPS...I promised not to forward John's beacon messages
unless they dealt with 160.  This one is to tell you that the beacon
will NOT be on 160 as previously announced.  I've been talking to
him about using both a vertical (inverted-L) in addition to his
horizontal OCD so we can compare propagation with both antennas.
Looks like he will not have that up for this weekend as previously
announced.

73, Bill W4ZV

Change of plans folks.  I've working on the antenna system for low-band
beacons and it's slow going.  I broke my tailbone skiing a few weeks back
so I'm having a little trouble getting throw lines as high as I
need--please bear with me.

I also hit my head pretty good in that skiing mishap and the brain it's
working like it used to--Andy Blank's call sign is N2NT not N2NE as
previously reported.  I'm not sure if jarred neurons or my habit of ending
a N2 call with an E is responsible...

Tonight, I'd like to put up a new challenge--Find the beacon.  It's on 40
meters running 5 mW.  Please report frequency and code word.  Good Luck!

N2XE

John Ceccherelli