Topband: Packet Stations on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Packet Stations on 160
From: "Ron vk3io" <vk3io@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:41:35 +1100
Can anyone tell me what is the packet station transmission on 1825khz is and
where is it's location.

I hear it when the path to southern europe is good.

I pressume it is a similiar type station as one one in NZ on 1819 and the one I
sometimes hear on 1840kHz (I think from central america).

The above I am told are transmitting correctional information for the
Geo-Staionary Satellites.

Does any one have a list of where all these sites are located (if there are
more).

While they are a big QRM problem, they are at least a useful beacon.

Thank You Ron, vk3io@iinet.net.au