Topband: Shunt feed series capacitor

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt feed series capacitor
From: "EA2LU Jorge Daglio" <ea2lu@telefonica.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:51:20 +0100
Hi folks, for the records, I have 90 feet high triangular Heliax tower 3 feet
per side.
It was shunt feed before, but I ask Earl K6SE to recalculate the optimum tap
point because I was not satisfaced with the results. Earl made a great
job modeling it on EZNEC, and his results are exactly as expected.
He propossed: Tap at 25 feet (with poor ground system) and seriers
capacitor  585Pf.
I put (I climb tower at 0 Cº celcius)Tap (RG213, center/braid togheter) at 25
feet
and 500Pf series capacitor...
Results: 1:1 SWR at 1870Mhz with full caps
As you can see I need some more capacity, like Earl advice.
Question; I have very good quality 500Pf vacumm cap, but it need some
more capacity, to put the antenna on QRG. ¿Could I add 100Pf  fixed
from 100Pf 15Kv doorknow capacitor from my "junk box"?
I have 10 of it,  then I could make a packet of it.
Power out, would  be full from an Alpha 91b.
Any help would be very welcome, thanks you very much.
73 de Jorge EA2LU