Topband: Shunt feed

To: <topband@contesting.com>,"John Ceccherelli (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)" <n2xe@verizon.net>
Subject: Topband: Shunt feed
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:50:29 -0700
I have a 70', 18" face aluminum tower that I've wanted to shunt-feed for 160 for a long time. Since my 160 wire antenna was accidently pulled down by roofers last fall the shunt feed is very much on my mind.

There was an article in "Communications Quarterly" many years ago regarding shunt feed. I saved it for a long time, but can no longer find it.

Anyone remember that article, or may still have it?

Are there more recent articles (cookbooks) that I could refer to?

There is nothing on the 70' tower, at the moment, so I have no top-loading. I intend to put a 40 meter beam there eventually, but not soon.

I've heard that a wire run from the top of the tower could serve as top-loading?

I'm pretty close to half-smart when it comes to 6M antennas, but am quite lost on this subject, so I need more than a little help!

73,
Barrie, W7ALW