Topband: Full size sloping dipole???

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Full size sloping dipole???
From: "Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX" <yv5lix@cantv.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:53:34 -0000
Hello all,

For this weekend contest I could set up a center feed full size (+- 260
foot) sloping dipole that will be hung from a 10 story building and will
slope down to my back yard.

The question is:

1-. Will such an antenna be any good on 160?

2.- Will this be a better RX antenna than my current 130 foot (1/4 wave)
sloper that is using a tower/antenna system as support?

3.- Will this be a better TX antenna than my current 130 foot (1/4 wave)
sloper described above?

The layout of the current 1/4 wave sloper using a tower/antenna system as
support may be seen at

http://yv5lix.org.ve/hamradio/antenna160.html

Have a nice day and to the ones entering the contest good luck.

73/DX Jose M. Valdes R. (Joe) YV5LIX
eQSL.cc Advisory Board Member
QSL manager EA7FTR
SYSOP YV5LIX DX Cluster