Topband: Conditions for the CQ160Contest this weekend

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions for the CQ160Contest this weekend
From: "Dick and Adele Bingham" <binghamstehekin@starband.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:36:32 -0800
Greetings everyone

It seemed to me like conditions this weekend were excellent. The band seemed
almost free of noise and the pipeline
into the East-coast and Canada was excellent. I used an IC-756PRO at 100-watts,
a sloping Half-Square as my only
antenna and it seemed like everyone responded to my first call. The only
exceptions were VY2ZM and KP2ZZ who
both worked hard to get me into their logs - thanks gents!

Sadly, Maine escaped getting into my log. I heard N1BUG at a true RST 549
operating in SAP and never did manage to
work him. In general, signals were loud and "kindness/courtesy" seemed the rule
for most operators.

Some stations seemed to be operating without their antennas connected to the
receiver! With booming signals they
made repeated CQ's and never responded to me or anyone else! In any event, this
was my best performance in a 160
contest with about 350 Q's. Thanks everyone!

73 Dick - w7wkr CN98pi

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.