Topband: Echoes and CT3 in Boring, Oregon

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Echoes and CT3 in Boring, Oregon
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:37:10 -0800
CT3/VE3NZ sure had a very consistent signal last night - starting around
0400z for a couple of hours.

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/ct3.wav

Then - around 0600, I noticed an echo on my signal - which I initially heard
when I was barefoot.  It was about 250 milliseconds delayed.  At times, it
was very strong (S7 to S9).

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/echo.wav

Tried some CQs while it was happening - had one or two very weak callers
that I could never dig out.  Would be interested in any SWL reports.

I had a similar thing happen during a CQP contest from K6NA on 75 meters
back about 16 years ago.  I tried 80 meters with the 4 sqaure and could
not hear anything similar.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net