Topband: Beacon Tribune - 160 meters, Turbo mode tonight

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beacon Tribune - 160 meters, Turbo mode tonight
From: John Ceccherelli <n2xe@verizon.net>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:08:07 -0500

Last night's word was BINGO at 7007.2 KHz. Six stations (all DX from New York) found the mystery beacon. Steve, AA7U, once again gets to strut his stuff!

Tonight, the beacon will be running in turbo mode (5W) to give our friends across the pond a fighting chance.

The frequency is 1999.1 KHz from the inverted L, starting around 2100Z through 1300Z. Check my beacon page on my website for updates and current status.

The six sleuths last night were:

AB9CA   DAVE    AL      EM60    K2/VERTICAL
KR0U    TIM     CO      DN70    745/VERTICAL
AA7U    STEVE   OR      DN15    R-75/LONGWIRE
W5EMC   BOB     TX      EM10    756/BEAM
W0ESE   BRYAN   MO      EM38    K2/LOOP
W4FOA   TONY    GA      EM74    OMNI 6+/DIPOLE

Congratulations guys, good work!

73,

E=IR, it's not just a good idea, it's the law! Shameless self-promotion found at http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/

N2XE