Topband: Boring Report - ZP6CW and TR8CA

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - ZP6CW and TR8CA
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:23:42 -0800
Was very happy to work my second new country in as many nights with ZP6CW
making it into the log.  Thanks Doug!  I was hearing ZS6UT at the same
time (around 0355z) - but let the people who needed ZS for a new one have
him.

TR8CA was actually heard for the first time at my QTH right at his sunrise.
However, he QSYed once or twice just as I was thinking about calling him
and I didn't hear him well after that.

Was looking for 3D2RR on either 80 or 160 - and didn't find any evidence
of activity yet on the low bands.

Steve, HA0DU - I think I almost could detect your signal once - but Europe
was not coming in at all again (what else is new).  No trace of LY3UM or
SM5EDX.  Possible slight trace of IT9ZGY.

CT3/VE3NZ was even louder than the previous night - again with a very
consistent signal.  He was often just as loud (or louder in some cases) as
the east coast stations he was working.  A couple of the locals who didn't
make it the previous night were able to make it this time.

JAs around 1230 UTC were very loud - much louder than I remember them being
at sunrise during the CQ 160.  When I checked the band at my sunrise - all
the signals were gone (I think more to lack of activity than anything else).

Where is 5T5SN?  Seems like conditions should be good for him.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net