Topband: Low Voltage DC lighting QRM

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Low Voltage DC lighting QRM
From: G3SVL <G3SVL@manyoaks.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:24:53 +0000
Paul N1BUG said:
"Another major local QRM source Ive found after an extensive kitchen
remodeling are DC lights  ..."

Paul,

I had this problem a couple of years back on some 12v lighting I installed
in our kitchen. Chased the supplier, used the RSGB EMC advisors etc. all to
no avail. In the end I ripped them out and replaced them with 240V
downlighters - lamp life about 20%, colour temperature not as good - but,
hey, I can use the low bands again.

I'd call the installer and demand they 'fix' them.

73 es GL Chris G3SVL