Re: Topband: full wave loop

To: mlunday@nc.rr.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: full wave loop
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 07:04:16 EST
I dont have one on Topband but I can tell you the same full wave loop fed for
vertical polarization vs horizontal makes all the differnece between reliable
DX and no DX.  I have not used a physically horizontal "sky loop" which would
always be horizontally polarized but I have used the full wave physically
installed in the vertical plane and fed either for vert or horiz polarization
and
the diff is like 2 very different antennas.  There is lots of folklore about
the "loop skyware" probably due to the gain it develops on the higher
frequencies but for the band it's cut for and at the same height of a dipole I
dont
think there's any difference on horiz polarization.

In a message dated 3/2/2005 8:25:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,