Topband: FW: The "Contest" this past weekend

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FW: The "Contest" this past weekend
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <rlc@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:10:37 -0800
Dick - w7wkr wrote:

> [...]
stations on - one Costa Rica, K6SE, and a local. I >>>>>> thought I
might possibly have had the contest date wrong.

I only operated on Saturday night from 5:00 UTC to 9:00 UTC from my San
Jose, California city lot.  The noise was high at about S7, but between
my vertical, K9AY loop and 500' stealth beverage run into the adjacent
park only at night, I managed to work a few countries on 160.  I managed
to work my first ever EU station in the Azores, and he had a signal
peaking as high as S8. Other stations were mostly Caribbean, Central or
South America and included Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, French
Guyana, Netherland Antilles, and Turks and Cacaos. The VP5B station had
a HUGH signal.

With limited experience on 160m, I cannot say if conditions were good or
bad, but I did work 4 new ones on 160 so I had a good time.

73, de

Bob/AA6VB