Re: Topband: Top-band Prop along grayline

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Top-band Prop along grayline
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:35:22 -0500
On Friday 11 March 2005 06:56 am, Bill Tippett wrote:
>  It appears that the maximum common darkness for NY is
> about 30 minutes and for Cape Cod about 45 minutes.  No
> doubt extreme (ayuh!) Northeastern Maine might have a bit
> more.

Ayuh!  For my FN55MF location in central Maine I calculate
68 minutes for JA3, 77 minutes for JA5, and 79 minutes for
JA6 (I am assuming my software correctly identifies the JA
call areas -- in any case it is definitely ~79 minutes for
extreme Southwestern Japan).  Probably another 15 or 20
minutes added to those numbers for extreme Northeastern
Maine, but I didn't calculate it.

Paul N1BUG