Topband: Chances of YB5 contacts on 160m?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Chances of YB5 contacts on 160m?
From: "cq" <cq@philcatterall.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:43:33 -0000
>>>>>>>>>>>>>snip
Good Morning from Maine..It always amazes me how from one morning to the
next conditions can be so different and changing,yesterday I did not hear a
sig.worth spotting and this morning heard Ja and vk3zl just about driving
the worms out of the ground nothing from v73 and where the heck is the YB's
hiding out?there's got to be some station in Yb that can get a signal to the
east coast,wonder who that will be...anyway it has been an exciting few
nights with VQ9,FT5X,8q7,just one missing TT8AMO.hope he graces the
deserving with an appearance.John K1GUN

Response to the above:

Hi John

Bob (ex-9V1GO) is the new man in YB5 now. See Bob's webpage below. Like you
I am looking for a first QSO YB (and TT8AMO Pierre). I'm sure we will see
some sigs coming out of both countries anytime now. Bob has been on 160m
over the the last few weeks, but I am unsure how he is getting out. If you
read this reflector Bob let us know how you are settling in.

73 Phil G4OBK

http://www.qsl.net/g4vgo/