Topband: ft5xo

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ft5xo
From: "john" <ldoyle@gwi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:41:13 -0500
HI..last evening at SS like Paul n1bug,ft5xo was good copy and remained
copyable through his session not always q5 but could always pick out parts of
calls he was answering however as his SR approached WOW! his signal peaked 579
over all the qrn and during his session he was always better on my newly
repaired SE beverage it's been practically laying on the ground and I didn't
realize it until I checked with my SWR bridge waited until early morning to go
into the woods for the fix,one can walk on top off the 2' + snow pack around
here if you go in the cold morning. if you go in the afternoon better have
snowshoes! what we as topbanders go through to hear on this fickle band..73's
John K1GUN