Re: Topband: Reducing QRN

To: ersmar@comcast.net, wa4fki@nc.rr.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Reducing QRN
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:14:14 EST
Earl K6SE described here a diamond shaped terminated loop (one of the
Flag/Pennant family) which is nearly the exact size of the conventional
"magnetic"
loops shown here. I constructed it and also have a mag loop -- go with the K6SE
as 1) the mag loops are clearly inferior as they are very difficult to build
properly AND 2) have no high angle discrimination - while the K6SE loop offers
cardiodal pattern, a deep null, is easily rotable and has good low angle
coverage. It could be use to null QRN or manmade noise or favor a particular
direction..

I have photos of mine if anyone is interested -- took less than 30 minutes to
construction once you have the pieces.

In a message dated 3/28/2005 5:36:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,