Topband: from KL7 - FT5XO at sunrise

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: from KL7 - FT5XO at sunrise
From: "nl7z@mtaonline.net" <nl7z@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:47:49 -0500
Over the past week or so, I have heard FT5XO almost every morning on 160
here in Alaska. I don't notice any "peak" at my sunrise, other that I can
hear them for up to 1.5 hours after the sunrise. I have also heard FT5XO up
to 3 hour after sunrise on 80m. ALthough I am not near the antipode, I do
know that the signals on 80m are from a more direct path. I am not able to
decern a direction on 160 with my current antenna system on 160. I did
manage to work them on 160 about 5 dyas ago, after my sunrise, with fukk
sunshine on the towers - always fun on 160!.