Topband: Not quite Boring report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Not quite Boring report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:08:38 -0700
The band started off sounding okay - the east coast guys were pretty
strong again at sunset - but the beacon from UA6 was not coming through
today.  It had been raining, so the 500KV lines were making some noise,
but it wasn't too bad - and it dried out as the evening went on.

Listened for some of the Europeans and even the 5Z4 - nothing at all.

However, at 0320z, I was able to work John, SM5EDX who I haven't worked
since last October.  After that, SP3BQ (first QSO) and I4EAT (March 1997
QSO before) made it into the log during the 04z hour and G3PQA at 0532z.
S50U almost made it into the log, but I missed my RST during a QSB dive.
N6LF did work Dan to give him Oregon however.

Listened for TR8CA at his sunrise - no luck.

This makes five consecutive nights that I have heard Europe.  Are you sure
it isn't December?

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net