Topband: Delta Model

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delta Model
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:09:21 -0400
Tod - ID wrote:

> Anyone on the list have an EZNEC model of any of these they feel is put
> together correctly. I am uncomfortable with the ones I have done and
> their
> results.

Tod,

Please check Earl's (K6SE) delta design for the FO0AAA operation it
works very well for me and is easily rotatable with pre set ground
stakes and a single pole support.  A model of Earl's excellent design
work is found at http://www.OK1RR.com and it includes an awesome 3D
pattern model.  The wire total is 72 feet with the bottom wire held off
the ground by 3 feet and being 28 feet long.  The wires to the apex are
22 feet each and the feed end uses a 1:12 transformer. Zero reactance at
1.830 and a 40 db FB make this an excellent small space top band RX
antenna.  With a gain of -34.5 db a pre amp is needed. In my case the
pre amp is in the shack 100 feet away.

Good Luck,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ