Topband: Visit KH6CC

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Visit KH6CC
From: Nagi <nagi@nmt.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:32:51 +0900
Aloha,
This is Aki on the Big Island of Hawaii for vatacion.
The other day I visited Jack KH6CC who is my old friend of 160m
and a pioneer on 160m.

The first 160m QSO of Jack and I was around 1970 when his call
was yet KH6CHC. Since then we have worked several hundreds.
Also when I visited Jack was mid 80 and since then I visited him
so many times.
He is now 85 years old while he started ham at the age of 13,
so he keeps working for 72 years !

Last time I visited him, he said he had a hart problem but now
he looks better because of the good pills.

I guess Jack was the second 160m DXCC holder while Mike VK6HD
was the first in Oceania.
He said his 160m DXCC is 212 countries now and will complete WAZ
with one more zone.

Antennas and rigs seem to have been unchanged for many yeras.
On 20 acres land, 100foot vertical and about 100 elevated radials.
Reception owes to beverages stretched to each direction.

I put his photos at the URL below for several weeks temporarily.

http://www.nmt.ne.jp/~nagi/KH6CC/KH6CC.htm

73 and Mahalo (Thanks)  See you on 160,    Aki  JA5DQH / KH7A