Re: Topband: Antenna Comments Please

To: "N5TY - Ken" <Ken_N5TY@ALLTEL.NET>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Comments Please
From: "john battin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:27:21 -0500
  From: N5TY - Ken<mailto:Ken_N5TY@alltel.net>
  To: topband@contesting.com<mailto:topband@contesting.com>
  Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 8:53 PM
  Subject: Topband: Antenna Comments Please

  Hi,

  Various construction projects have required removal of all of my 880'
beverages.  The new beverage footprint needs to shrink into a smaller area.
Here is what I am considering at the moment:

  3- 550' two-wire switchable-direction beverages made from 450 ohm open
feedline.  Using reflection transformers as described in ON4UN's handbook.
Further on the NE/SW beverage add a staggered beverage for the NE direction at
least

  Ken, I think you will find the 550 footers quite useful, and without the
ability to do a real-time a/b test, you may not notice the difference. Although
most of my beverages are longer, I still have several 580 footers that I do not
change and use them as reference antennas. They still work.
  John K9DX