Topband: de CU2JU Ricardo

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: de CU2JU Ricardo
From: Ricardo <cu2ju@clix.pt>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:12:17 +0000
Hi ALL, hope u still remember me sorry if I am being off topic, anyone knows if
John (VE1ZZ)has
email, i would like to get in contact with him!
I have been calling on the band lately but somehow only two friends can hear
me, both Johns HI,
VE1ZZ has been a great company sisnce I started my activitie on 160, he is
always there to confort
me when I call over half an hour with no repplys, he shows up to cheer me up
hi! boy I wonder what
system he has, we can even "dare" to "ragchew" on top band , sometimes he is 20
to 30 over S9,
amasing, he is practly the only one that eliminates all my noise!
Also John VE1ZJ another one that is there many times!!
I know the band is in a bad shape lately but I always listen a few signals
below 1830 wich is where
the band starts in my side, so I give it a try!

Anyone knows if there is anybody in Alaska active on 160m, I need Haway and
Alaska on 160m I am
making some changes on my modest 160m system, I am going to try a quarter wave
dipole, its about 38
meters each side, hopefuly I will keep active this winter I am thinking on
trying the CQ contest!
Bye the way thank you ALL that called me last ARRL 160, I got first place DX,
was a surprise, I got
the Award also, thanks to ARRL its my first Contest Award its on the wall
already hi, but the
chalange I proposed to my self was the WAS only in CW on 160m I know alaska and
hawai will be
something but I have faith hi!

What about Bob Eldrige, Bob u are still around? I sure hope so!

Well I apologise again if this is out of topic but I know you (top'ers) are
here :-)

THANKS
--
73's de Ricardo Chaves