Re: Topband: Tuning elevated radials

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Tuning elevated radials
From: Phil & Ann Duff <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:08:06 +0000
Hi Tom -

At 21:02 9/16/2005, Tom Rauch wrote:

>If it is desirable to shorten the radial to reduce loss,
>where does the article present a stopping point? Logic
>should tell us something is wrong.
>
>K5IU proposes that balancing currents increases performance.

Umm - I suppose K5IU would be best to defend his paper but...

I think his paper and references seem to address radial current
imbalances with regard to vertical antenna patterns with no mention
how it relates to losses.   Dick did make radial current measurements
with different length radials, etc. but again.. I think not in
relation to losses.

73 Phil NA4M

Phil Duff NA4M  &  Ann Duff
Georgetown, TX.