Topband: New FT-1000MP Mark-V Field Radios and Key Clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New FT-1000MP Mark-V Field Radios and Key Clicks
From: "Patrick Dayshaw" <w7tmt@dayshaw.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:23:07 -0700
Sorry to bring this topic up again but I'm thinking about a new radio.

I see where one vendor who sells "click mod kits" for the Yaesu 1000M series
is stating on their Web site that "Radios manufactured after late 2004 do
not need the keying mod." (I actually ran across that statement researching
filters.)  I have of course also studied Tom, W8JI's extensive writings on
the topic but I'm curious how the units that have come off the assembly line
recently measure up.

Any opinions on the ". do not need the mod." statement?  If I go down this
path now that the 160 season is upon us do I need to do the mod first thing?

Thanks for your time.

73,

Patrick
W7TMT