Topband: Not so Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Not so Boring Report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:48:32 -0700
I knew the band would be nice to me on my birthday.  Came up into the
shack around 0220Z, and the first signal I tune in is UA3TCJ calling
CQ.  I wouldn't work him until later - but it instantly indicated this
was going to be a fun evening.

RA4LW was up the band and I could hear his callsign twice.  Vlad is
pretty far east - 8900 km away - but eventually he peaked up and we
completed the QSO.  He made a present for me with this:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/n6trOregon.wav

OH3XR made it in the log shortly after, and then I called OH0PM a few
times - and got spotted by JW5NM doing it.  Kewl!!  I eventually got
both stations in the log.  I heard UA3AB calling JW5NM when I was, and
he came back to one of my CQs later.  I finally got UA3TCJ in the log
a whole hour after I initially heard him.

Nothing heard from the 9G or YO.

Probably missed some other stuff due to the necessary apperance downstairs
eating cake and watching a movie.  Band seemed dead at 0620 when I got
back in the shack.

I had never seen the aurora displays so quiet.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR
tree@kkn.net