Re: Topband: PreAmp Recommendations

To: <brehm@ptitest.com>, <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: PreAmp Recommendations
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:09:27 +0100
If your preamp has poor IMD performance it is imperative that a good high
pass filter is included to ensure MW BC stations cannot get to it.

Better still a passband filter for the desired band, however either will
still be affected by the strong local in band signals.

Over here I would look for the best IMD figs..... Due to manufactures
optimistic advertising I would want a 3rd order intercept point of at least
+20 dBm when on a -30dBi receiving loop just to cope with the local MV BC
stations. I assume that you have similar problems over there.

Ian, G3ROO