Re: Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: UW0MF re: Asian Jammer
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 02:09:12 +0000
W4ZV QSPed:

>Thanks to Bernie W3UR for this message
>
>                          73,  Bill  W4ZV

As described by the guys in JA, this is not pulse & therefore
cannot be OTHR.

VR Gov't participates in ITU as part of BY delegation.  PRC is
signatory to ITU Convention, though like many administrations,
seems to either not care about what they signed up to, or
have a pretty loose interpretation of concepts like "harmful
interference" & "national prerogative".

A good example of this is ex-USSR, who if I recall correctly
gave us the original Woodpecker.

I have not heard the Hainan Woodpecker on 40 for some time
now & it would appear it is not as QRV on 75/80 now, either.
There has been absolute silence from up north & cannot tell
if complaints from here had anything to do with it, but the PLA
does as it pleases so somebody must have "had a word".

 From JA5DQH's post, there is some convergence of QTEs,
but need to eliminate P5, W-portable-HL & HL as sources
first - though it would not surprise me that this is the northern
cousins of PLA Navy somewhere in Shandong/Liaoning.

73, VR2BrettGraham