Re: Topband: Beverage Ant question

Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Ant question
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:14:47 -0400
> Does anybody have experience with a beverage in the drink ?! Will this still
> work ?

I am no expert on such matters but can offer a comment based on my
own experience:

I have several 500 to 600 foot Beverages in different directions.
They are in a low-lying area alongside a river that floods
frequently. Normally the Beverages are 8 to 10 feet above ground.
During recent floods, the center 100 to 300 feet of these Beverages
was below water level by as much as 5 or 6 feet. Much to my surprise
I noticed no change in performance, even on the ones that had 300
feet submerged.

The only problem I have is when the water recedes, floating debris
(mostly dead trees toppled by flood waters) settles on the wire and
breaks the Beverages.

73,
Paul