Topband: Flag transformer advice

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Flag transformer advice
From: "Dave_G4GED" <daves_shack@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:22:43 -0000
Hi,
I've tried searching the archives for this info without luck.
I'm just about to wind my first 16:1 xfmr on a FT114-43 toriod (all I have).
#25 SWG ECW looks about OK?
I've read that correct construction is quite critical for good performance.
So, the number of turns from Earl's QST article is 8 + 34.
If the 34T winding needs to be more that 1 layer to ensure good seperation from
the 8T side, does it matter how the layers are formed i.e. wound backwards and
forwards, or always in the same direction, or can they just be bundled?
Also any tips on weather-proofing?
Mni Tnx in advance.
73 Dave G4GED