Re: Topband: Hearing but not working Eu at Sunset

To: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Hearing but not working Eu at Sunset
From: Don Greenbaum <don@aurumtel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:22:43 -0500

>I won't disagree that QRM and congestion are also factors. For pete's
>sake, I heard UU7J last night an hour before sunset and I don't think
>anyone worked him. I never could.

I did. :-).  About 23:30 UTC.

It was a huge job and my time should have been spent elsewhere.

BUT, given that a week ago I put up my new titanex vertical and wanted to
"play", I stayed.

Don

N1DG--Licensed since 1962
EX-WB2DND, A61AD (GUEST OP, QSL MGR), A52DG, /KH9, /BV, /VS6, /4X, /9V
Pilot:  3Y0X, VK9ML, D68C, VK0IR, K8XP/KH9, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, ZL9CI
Webmaster: K5K, A52A, VK0IR, 9M0C, ZK1XXP, WB2DND/KH9, BQ9P, ZL9CI
QSL Manager:  A61AD, A61AO, A61X, A61AQ, KH7Z
Member:  FOC, ARRL, DDXA, YCCC
DON GREENBAUM
DUXBURY, MA, USA
AIM:  aurumtel