Re: Topband: WB4ENE Antenna

To: "wa4fki" <wa4fki@nc.rr.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WB4ENE Antenna
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:33:47 -0500
> Heard Larry, WB4ENE with is antenna on 160 this morning
and was impressed with the signal it put out. Stations as
far north as MI and WI were hearing him very well when Larry
was only running 100 watts.
> This antenna is totally different than what we run and may
be a NEW concept in 160 meter antennas...

I can think back 40 years and these antennas come and go.
Usually the designers concentrate on something that is not
even an issue and make all kinds of wild claims based on
fixing a non-problem.

Antennas radiate by amperes distributed over in-line length.
A ten foot vertical is a ten foot vertical. A two foot long
dipole is a two foot long dipole. Doesn't matter how much
conductor surface you pack in that area, or much it looks
like something from space.

73 Tom