Re: Topband: WB4ENE - MRA (minimal reactance antenna)

To: <Ken@Crawley.org>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WB4ENE - MRA (minimal reactance antenna)
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:23:23 -0500
Impatiently, we all wait for testing under controlled
conditions, which will
happen in '06 on the CA/Mexican border at El Centro NAF.
This testing will
be at AM broadcast frequencies for the same antenna, with a
slightly higher
mast and 16 tophat radials..  Transmitting at 530kHz makes
Top Band a
cakewalk.  This is not for USA purposes however.>>

<<EZNEC simulations were bogus, unbelievable. >>

<<Dave, AB7E is right, it is a vertical, but he may be
incorrect about the MRA
needing earth ground to work.  I have one in Bahrain working
on the roof of
a 4 story building.>>

<<This working against its own ground plane rather than
earth could well be
the reason why it works. Ground losses are minimized.  Of
course, mobile rig
BugCatcher antennas "work" don't they?  Hmmm, I just worked
MM0SJH on 1.848
and he gave me a 49.  A SUV is similar in size to this
antenna; but would it
get thru on Top Band with a 24 foot whip?>>

<< If you take a look at the Gap Super C antenna you will
see the beginning of
a revolutionary idea.>>

Magic antennas all share multiple common traits:

1.) They often cannot be modeled

2.) Evidence of how they work is based on the fact people
can hear the signals at some distance

3.) They are not impacted by losses that impact every other
system

4.) They only require a minimal volume of space in terms of
wavelength

5.) They use some non-conventional radiation or circuit
theory that isn't described in peer reviewed textbooks

6.) Patents are often cited as evidence of technical
accuracy (it has a patent, so it must work)

7.) Measurements are always just around the corner

<<soon.  There are 3 things you can do to improve the Super
C antenna if you
have one.  I have a federal patent applied (Dec04) for
fundamental
differences between the Super C and the MRA.  A second
patent will be
applied for after the AM broadcast test, unless I decide to
make the
complete design details available to the Ham community. >>

On the subject of patents, have a look at Strom's #
6,025,810.

In this patent, David Strom claims to have invented a
hyper-light-speed antenna. Strom claims his invention "takes
a transmission of energy, and instead of sending it through
normal time and space, pokes a hole into another dimension,
sending the energy through a place which allows transmission
of energy to exceed the speed of light."

This antenna not only sends messages to the other end before
they are actually transmitted (I know, that sounds
remarkable) it also
"allows energy from another dimension to accelerate plant
growth."

Maybe this is why antennas are starting to look like
planters?

Think of the possibilities. By combining Strom's worm holes
with a barbeque grill, we can grow our own chili beans in
the afternoon while working next week's DXpedition at the
very same time. As long as the angry giant doesn't break out
beanstalk.

Is it April yet? It can be if you use a
hyper-light-speed-antenna!!

73 Tom