Re: Topband: ZL Beacon/Digi ?

To: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ZL Beacon/Digi ?
From: "on4ww" <on4ww@pandora.be>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:05:31 +0100
From: "Steve Flood" <flood@ixi.net>
> I've read many posts since I've been on this mail list about the "ZL Digi"
> or "ZL Beacon".  Anyone care to explain what this/these are, and what
> frequencies?  When I can hear VK and ZL ops, I do not ever recall coming
> across a beacon.  Is there a .wav recording of it somewhere?
>
> Thanks, Steve KK7UV

Greg ZL3IX was so kind to send me a .wav recoring of the digi sound.
Frequency is 1818kHz (or 1818.2 ? someone pse give correct freq.), recording
is done in cw mode.
Here are two temporary links, pse download the file if interested :

http://www.on4ww.be/Digi.mp3 or http://www.qsl.net/on4ww/Digi.mp3

Mark - on4ww.