Topband: Log Submission

To: Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Log Submission
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:47:09 -1000
Hi all,

A couple of questions about my log submission:

I used CT DOS IARU mode and am editing the log using word pad. The log
submission robot can be very picky, so I want to get every detail right
the first time.

There is a "CLAIMED-SCORE:" line. I am not calculating my score and
leaving that to the Boring robot. Should I leave that line in with no
data, or remove it altogether?

Can other blank unused lines, such as "CLUB:" be deleted, or does the
robot want them, even if blank?

Can repeated lines such as "ADDRESS:" and "OPERATORS:" which are blank
be deleted, or does the robot need the exact number of lines even when
some are blank?

In the "CONTEST:" line, what is the correct format? "STEW"?, "SP"?,
"SPTDC"?, "STEW PERRY"?, "STEW PERRY TBDC"?

In CT IARU Contest mode there is a line "ARRL-SECTION:  " . Obviously
this is not applicable for the Stew Perry test. I presume I can just
delete it, and I need to make a line which specifies my grid square.
What is the exact format of that line? "GRID:    BK29" ? Or
"GRID-SQUARE:     BK29"?

What about DUP contacts? I like to leave them in, so that the one that
is in the other guys log does not get deleted. Is it okay (ie: no
penalty, and the Boring robot will not count more than one QSO with a
station) to leave DUPs in?

I expect others may also need the answers to these questions in order to
successfully submit their logs, so I think it is worthwhile to post on
the reflector.

Thanks for the bandwidth, and also thank you all for the many, many
repeats on grid squares. The QRN here in KH6 was really, really bad.

73 DE KH6/N6KB